From the HeritageQuest Online “About” page:
HeritageQuest® Online is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids.
18th Century or 20th Century. European or Native American. Farm or Factory. East Coast or West Coast. Where does your American past begin?
Discover the amazing history of you with HeritageQuest Online. It delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past.
We have added the link to this resource on our website–you can find it in the side bar under “Free Resources” or by clicking on the “Links” tab in the menu. HeritageQuest Online is free for our patrons’ use–all you need to get started is your library card barcode.
To access HeritageQuest Online:
1. Click on the HeritageQuest Online link in the sidebar.
2. Enter the barcode found on your HAPL library card, then click “Connect.”
That’s it! You now have access to the many resources on HeritageQuest Online! Here is a list of the resources you will find:
- Search Census: Find ancestors in the complete set of U.S. Federal Census images from 1790-1940, including name indexes for many years.
- Search Books: Find information on people and places described in over 28,000 family and local histories.
- Search PERSI Archive: Find information about people and places from this index of over 2.3 million genealogy and local history articles (1800-2009).
- Search Revolutionary War: Search selected records from the Revolutionary War Era Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files.
- Search Freedman’s Bank: Search for individuals in Freedman’s Bank (1865-1874), which was founded to serve African Americans.
- Search U.S. Serial Set: Search the Memorials, Petitions, and Private Relief Actions of the U.S. Congress in the ProQuest U.S. Serial Set.