The Hollidaysburg Area Public Library is partnering with The HoneyBaked Ham Company for a new fundraiser. Buy HoneyBaked gift cards, and help the library raise money to buy new books!
Want to know how you can help?
- Follow this link —> HoneyBaked Books <— to purchase a HoneyBaked gift card. You can use PayPal, credit, or debit cards to make your purchase.
- 20% of your gift card purchase is given to the library!
- Your gift card can be used at our local HoneyBaked Store & Cafe (located at 3415 Pleasant Valley Shopping Boulevard, Suite 52, Altoona), any other HoneyBaked location, or online (honeybaked.com).
Our goal is to raise $300, and the fundraiser will run through April 10, 2016.
Thank you for helping the library!
Thank you to everyone who has given to the Hollidaysburg Area Public Library over the past several years to make possible a beautiful, new, mortgage-free facility for our community. It would not be here without you.
Our new library provides resources that help local citizens of all ages form and transform their lives. Over 10,000 registered members have made over 80,000 visits since we opened last July–an increase of 20% over the previous year. We’ve made over 100,000 loans from our collection of over 40,000 items. Visitors enjoy 20 public-access computers with internet; free wifi; a community room with a full kitchen and wall-size projection screen; dedicated spaces for children and young adults; an Armed Forces Room; two quiet study rooms; a Friends bookstore; an outdoor gazebo and an amphitheater. You helped make all of this possible.
Please help the library continue to provide the books, materials, instruction, and information that our community needs to help transform lives. There are many ways you can donate to the library, including the links below:
- Send a donation using a printable donation form (click here for form) or click here to donate online.
- Shop at AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is an Amazon website that gives your nonprofit organization of choice a small portion of the price of your eligible purchases. Every time you shop at AmazonSmile (same products, prices, and Prime benefits as the Amazon you know), and choose the Hollidaysburg Library as your nonprofit of choice, we will receive 0.5% of the price of your purchases. To those of you already using AmazonSmile, thank you–your donations do not go unnoticed.
- Donate supplies. We can always use office supplies, paper goods, postage, and cleaning supplies.
Thank you again for everything you’ve done for us. Please help us continue to make the Hollidaysburg Area Public Library a great place to be!
On Saturday, November 14th, the library held a Fall Fashion Frenzy at the American Legion 516 Social Hall. It was a HUGE success, and we would like to thank everyone who contributed. Thank you to Joe Dodson for providing the venue and for working with us to set it up. Thank you to Christopher and Banks who provided the fashions for the show. Thank you to the local businesses who made donations, to our volunteers who helped with setup and cleanup, to the models, to those who provided the delicious food, and to everyone who came to see the show. We couldn’t have done it without all of you.
Here are some photos from the big day…enjoy!
(Click photos to enlarge)
The Hollidaysburg Area Public Library is holding a Fall Fashion Frenzy on November 14, 2015 at 2pm at the Hollidaysburg American Legion Post 516 Social Hall. Fashions will be provided by Christopher & Banks.
Tea and light refreshments will be served. Multiple baskets will be auctioned which include guest golf passes for the Scotch Valley Country Club, jewelry, gift certificates, and much more, all provided by local merchants and organizations.
Tickets are $15 and automatically register ticket buyers for the door prize drawing. Tickets are available at the library. All proceeds will benefit the library.