On Saturday, August 13th, the 4th Annual Canal Basin Park Festival begins. The Hollidaysburg Area Public Library will be attending, with a story time starting right with the event at 11 a.m. in the Reiser House.
The festival will last until 3 p.m., with other fun activities scheduled, including a performance by The Chrome Hearts, as well as vendors, games, and more.
Please join the Library in support of the Canal Basin Park. Hope to see you there!
The Hollidaysburg Area Public Library is holding a book drive during Harry Potter Night at the Altoona Curve.
It will begin August 2nd at 7PM at the People’s Natural Gas Field. Bring along and donate new-condition books you don’t want, and you will receive extra tickets for the basket raffle. Donated books will benefit the library.
Other prizes will be available as well, including J.K. Rowling’s newest book, The Cursed Child. Visitors will be treated to a fireworks show during the event.
Curious about your family history and want to find out more about your ancestry? Stop in to the library and use Ancestry Library Edition on our public computers! You can find out about your ancestry from past census results, military history, immigration records, and more!
- To have your records waiting for you when you get home: Use our send a document feature! Look in the upper right of the Ancestry Library Edition homepage for more information.
- To see new content on Ancestry Library Edition: Click on “New Collections” in the navigation bar from any page.
- Looking for help: Click on “Learning Center” in the navigation bar from any page.
- To find specific content: Click on “Search” and then “Card Catalog” to discover databases by category, era, or location.
- You can also search by keyword or title.
- To find records in a specific state or country: Click on “Search” and use Explore by Location to narrow down your search.
- To get all relevant names: Use wildcards to to cover all possible alternative forms and spellings. Put ? or * at the middle or end of names where you expect variations. Example: Type Wil* Smi?th.
Ancestry Library Edition is powered by Ancestry and delivered by ProQuest.
Save the date!
On Monday, June 20 the Hollidaysburg Area Public Library will be having its Annual Meeting and Celebration, and we would love for you to join us! The $25 cost of attendance includes dinner and an entry for the door prize. There will be raffles and auctions to enter separately, as well!
A big thank you to the people who have already contributed to this event: Joe Dodson, Lisa Mancinelli, The American Legion, Dave Gehret, Don Delozier, and Imler’s Poultry. If you would like to donate items for the raffles, or other things we might need to make this event a success, please contact the library at 695-5961.